The Annual Law Department Operations Survey was created in 2008 to give law departments a consistent platform to benchmark themselves and shed light on the emerging profession of law department management. The oldest and most comprehensive law department operations survey in the marketplace, the 38-page 2022 Survey Report includes more than 100 data points on the current and future state of legal department operations.
The yearly survey is created and published by Blickstein Group with the advisory board of LDOs from Fortune 300 companies, who consult on the survey.
The sponsors for 2022 are Deloitte; ContractPodAi; DocuSign; Icertis; QuisLex; Wolters Kluwer; Major, Lindsey & Africa; FTI Consulting; and LexFusion.
The 2022 Survey Report, “Law Departments Under Stress – Are Legal Ops Professionals in a Position to Relieve the Pressure?” can be downloaded HERE.
For more information about the survey or to purchase the full LDO survey results package for 2021, please contact Sam Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.470.8381.
Board of Advisors
Reese Arrowsmith, Vice President, Head of Operations, Campbell Soup Company
Kimberly Bell, Director, Technology and Innovation, American Express
Richard Brzakala, Director, Global External Legal Services, CIBC
Justin Ergler, Director, Alternative Fee Intelligence and Analytics, GlaxoSmithKline
Lisa (Girmscheid) Maki, Manager of Legal Operations, e-Billing and Vendor Management, Splunk
Michael T. Haysley, Director of Operations, Occidental Petroleum
Elizabeth Jaworski, Senior Director, Global Head of Legal Operations, Astellas
Kiran Mallavarapu, Executive Vice President & Senior Manager, Legal Strategic Services, Liberty Mutual Insurance
Jennifer McCarron, Director of Legal Operations & Technology, Netflix
Farrah Pepper, Chief Legal Innovation Counsel, Marsh McLennan
Aaron Van Nice, Vice President, Legal Operations – Legal, Compliance and Government Relations, Archer Daniels Midland
Amy Yeung, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Sallie Mae
Previous Survey Reports:
- 2021 – Navigating in the Era of Doing More with Less
- 2020 – Weathering the Storms of 2020
- 2019 – Continuing to Mature While Bracing for Uncertainty
- 2018 – The End of the Duopoly
- Anniversary Report – Decoding a Decade of Data to Map the LDO Journey
- 2017 – The LDO Function Matures to Take on New Challenges
- 2016 – Taking on New Levels of Responsibility and Gaining Respect
- 2015 – Trying to Take the Leap from Small Changes to Major Disruptions
- 2014 – Creating Predictability and Security in an Increasingly Unsafe World
- 2013 – Bottom Line Remains Top of Mind
- 2012 – Based in Legal, with Enterprise-Wide Influence
- 2011 – Business Pressures Put the Onus on Operations
- 2010 – Demonstrating Value in a Challenging Environment
- 2009 – Thinking Strategically, Acting Programmatically
- 2008 – Operations Directors Earn the Right to Sit at the Table